With one week till Valentine’s Day to go, I’ve come up some fun ideas for single girls to do for/on Valentine’s Day!
- Send Valentine’s Day cards to your friends- This is actually so much fun! I always do this with my close friends and we love it. We always write really slushy, soppy messages in them and send them in the post to each other. We end up in hysterics when we read the cards and it’s so much fun to guess which friend sent the card. It’s really nice to get a card on Valentine’s Day even if it’s not from the person you want it to be from- I love the cards I get from my friends.
- Put flowers and candles around the house- Some people might find this a painful reminder that they’re alone on Valentine’s Day, but I enjoy doing this! In fact, last year we decorated my friend’s house with pink streamers. Just because you’re single, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy Valentine’s Day! So I just think it’s nice to have candles around the house, it creates a lovely atmosphere.
- Meet up with your friends!- You don’t have to spend the whole day with them but it might be a nice reprieve to spend some time with them, so you’re not alone and can actually enjoy yourself on Valentine’s Day! You could have a meal out somewhere or simply get smashed (if you’re of age). Personally, I think it would be great to have a meal with all of my friends.
- Eat food- This is probably my favourite thing to do. I intend to grab some Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream and a massive bag of popcorn. To be honest I’m going to go all out because it’s a special occasion so why not.
- Have a movie night- Even though I’m single, I fully intend to spend the evening watching rom coms with my friends. We can all feel sorry for ourselves and cry together. A bit of ‘Notting Hill’ and ‘Crazy Stupid Love’ will be great. Obviously we are going to have loads of food as well (see above). We will probably end up screaming the words to ‘All by myself’ with Bridget Jones as well.
Here’s hoping for a pain-free Valentine’s Day!