I was feeling inspired by Playlist for a broken heart and wanted to do some sort of musicy thing. The first thought I had was that I could do something to do with soundtracks. I’m not sure exactly how this is going to work out but I’m going to do my top ten favourite songs from movies that are also books. I wish Love Actually was a book because Jump would definitely be on this list. Hugh Grant dancing to it is hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcgxBHBsl-4
- Flightless bird, American mouth- Iron and wine: Twilight and Breaking Dawn part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1BgYTZ4Mxc How can you not love this song it’s just amazing?! The first time you listen to it, it might be a bit boring, but the words are really meaningful. Plus it’s played at Bella and Edward’s wedding so its extra cute!!
- Bella’s Lullaby- Carter Burwell: Twilight Sagahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBoeg-oyBA Sorry it’s another song from Twilight but it’s the main song for all the movies. Even though it doesn’t have any lyrics it’s beautiful. When I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 at the Cinema I actually cried when it came on at the beginning because I was like ITS EDWARD’s SONG FOR BELLA. It’s really special as well because Edward composed it for Bella.
- A Thousand Years- Christina Perri: Breaking Dawn part 2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX0 I’m really sorry I swear this is the last song from Twilight. I’m pretty obsessed with the whole twilight saga soundtrack so my top three spots had to go to twilight songs. If I could I’d probably put twilight songs as my top ten but then that’d just be like my top ten songs from Twilight so. I cried when this played at the end of the movie as well. It was such a beautiful song for a beautiful ending.
- Beating heart- Ellie Goulding: Divergenthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrNTOo4KH8c I love Ellie Goulding and I love Divergent so whoo this had to go in at least my top five. It’s so cute because it starts playing when Tris and Four are together on the train and then it goes out over the landscape then goes into the credits. It really sounds like a Divergent song plus it’s really ‘vibey’ so it’s all good.
- Long way down- Tom Odell: TFIOShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LACTaIGAew TFIOS is my favourite movie of all time, so of course I have to put a song from there on the list. Funnily enough, it’s not my favourite book but I really connected with the movie and cried tons. Hazel was crying when this song played, so whenever I listen to this song I cry.
- Dead in the water- Ellie Goulding: Divergenthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDhfb8mSuH8 This song was playing when Four and Tris had their first kiss. I was almost crying it was so romantic. Every time I hear this song I sort of scream because I imagine Theo James. I can’t even put into words how much I love this song because it just sums up the moment.
- Say Something- A great big world and Christina Aguilera: If I stayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds This is another song that I cry at. It’s not actually on the soundtrack, it’s just in the trailer but I love it anyway! All of Adam’s songs are beautiful. I love Heart Like Yours.
- Radioactive- Imagine Dragons: The Hosthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU I loved radioactive anyway, before it was in The Host. I can’t actually remember when it plays in the movie, probably at the credits but whatever. It fits really well with the movie and the bass is amazing.
- Boom Clap- Charli XCX: TFIOShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPMlIIg_38 BOOM CLAP this song makes me feel good! Who doesn’t love this song- it’s another ‘vibey’ song. Also I love it because it’s so optimistic. I feel like I’m soaring or something when I listen to it as well because in the movie it starts playing when the plane comes into Amsterdam.
- Hedwigs theme- John Williams: Harry Potter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htaj3o3JD8I Sorry if that’s not the actual name for it but I mean the main Harry Potter theme tune. I’m actually not a huge Harry Potter fan but I still like it a lot and the theme tune makes me feel all magical. It reminds me of when I was at Harry Potter world at Universal, like when I was walking around Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley so it’s quite a cute song.
I’ve put the links to the songs on youtube. Helena adieu, as you dote on Demetrius may he dote on you!